Monday, September 22, 2008

The Story of Bob (rough beginnings)

To tell you the truth, I never noticed BoB the few days of the sale as he stood on one of the tables waiting to be purchased. Aunt Mary brought him with her loot. During the sale, Isabelle came running to us, stating: "this broke!" (translation: I broke this when I was touching all the things that I wasn't supposed to be touching) , holding a little male figurine of Amish decent that appeared to be in a couple pieces.
So, Isabelle broke BoB and his story with us begins.... I decided I would tape him up and make him whole again. BoB actually struck me as quite boring, so I drew a face on him. A happy little face. Then, I thought - Hey, let's see if anyone will buy this guy, so I gently placed a "make an offer" sticker on him. Nobody purchased him and the family grew attached to him as the day went on. So we named him. We decided to keep him and document his life. BoB is so much more than a broken, displaced, unwanted nik nak. He is a broken, displaced wanted nik nak....and he desires to discover the world, one little adventure at a time.
Little Facts you may want to know about BoB:
BoB originally did not have a face. I drew one on him, & then Isabelle added more detail later on.
BoB has a mate, who is not broken. She is in the care of my sil, Irene. I forgot her name though....it's something with an M.
BoB measures approx. 4 1/2 inches tall.
BoB's first adventure out was to a local Chinese Restaurant.

No comments: